John Vars, Chief Product Officer at Varo Money and former Chief Product Officer of TaskRabbit, shares the opposing factors product managers need to weigh when it comes to data-driven decision-making, stakeholder management, and prioritization.
- How can product managers learn to balance competing priorities and objectives to achieve “yin and yang”? (3:35)
- How can product managers balance data and vision? (5:00)
- What are some examples John encountered of balancing data and vision while at TaskRabbit? (6:50)
- What does John consider to be the yin and yang of stakeholder management? (7:50)
- How does John manage making decisions based on consensus vs. the customer? (11:40)
- How can PMs become better at prioritization? (14:15)