Jon Stross, Co-Founder of Greenhouse, shares why developing empathy is more powerful than having domain expertise, why product managers should do customer support, and how he validated demand for Greenhouse.
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of building a product in an industry where you don’t have prior experience? (4:15)
- How do you start talking to prospective customers when diving into a new industry? (6:00)
- How does Jon maintain customer empathy as he scales his company? (7:20)
- How can a product team stay up to date on industry trends without having domain expertise? (12:25)
- What are the similarities between a product manager and startup CEO? (13:30)