Erin Essex, Creative Director of Webonise, shares how to say ‘no’ without being confrontational and how to educate your team on when and how to do the same.
- There are multiple risks involved with always saying yes, so why do we feel inclined to say yes and how do you learn to say no? (9:05)
- What are the most common indications that you should say no to a request? (10:30)
- With a process in place that makes saying no non-confrontational, what happens when midway through a project, an idea they thought was good turns out not to be? (13:45)
- What’s a good first step to help product managers learn to say no more effectively? (15:20)
- How can educating stakeholders on the product’s objectives and priorities help with saying no? (16:50)