Brian Donohue, Product Manager at Intercom, explains how to balance process with chaos and how to continue shipping to learn from customers as a company grows.
- Why does Brian say product managers are a lightning rod for chaos? (9:00)
- How can product managers identify and maintain the right type of chaos and eliminate the chaos associated with stakeholder misalignment and disorganization? (11:10)
- How can companies keep the practice of continuously iterating while their companies become larger and more bureaucratic? (17:00)
- How does Brian balance process and chaos? (20:30)
- What is the “666” product roadmap? (25:30)
- What mindsets are helpful for operating within a chaotic environment? (29:00)