David Cancel, CEO of Drift and formerly Chief Product Officer at Hubspot, shares how to structure product teams and how autonomy increases employee retention and customer-centricity.
- Why does David think hiring people who are customer-driven is the key to a successful product team? (5:44)
- What does a feedback loop directly between the engineers and customers look like? (8:40)
- How does David get buy-in and build a culture around this customer-driven approach? (14:55)
- David says introducing unnecessary process can create barriers to customer centricity. But, is some process necessary? What processes does David incorporate? (23:00)
- What metrics should product teams and engineers be guided by? (28:46)